IT Strategy 101 Training Course FAQ
What are the topics covered in this course?
This course builds the foundation for a strong career in IT Management. IT Strategy 101 training course covers the following topics:
- Business model and strategy and how they drive IT solutions
- Information Technology capability and discusses in depth how it enables business results
- The components of IT Capability such as IT vision, strategy, processes, organization, Systems Implementation, Systems Architecture, hardware, software, databases and networks.
- Key technologies such as client/server architecture, ERP, SCM, CRM and how they address business requirements to create shareholder value
- IT Investment ROI - how to calculate it?
- Internet and how it has changed the business landscape
- Key managerial issues such as security and intellectual property
What are the benefits of this course for IT professionals?
As an IT professional you have a good grasp on creating IT Solutions. Perhaps what is missing is the ''big picture''.
- How do these IT solutions - applications, operating systems, middleware, databases, networks etc. - create shareholder value?
- How do business model and strategy drive IT capability and solutions? What is the connection between a company's business model and strategy with its IT systems and infrastructure?
- How to create IT Capability that is effective and efficient i.e. one that give the biggest bang for the IT buck?
This course introduces, in a structured and comprehensive, yet easy manner not only key business but also IT concepts - from strategy to implementation. More importantly, it walks through, end-to-end, the logical steps to align business requirements with IT capability.
This course should help you become more effective and efficient in your job and career by understanding not only the rationale for your work but also better understanding and responding to your business counterparts.
What are the benefits of this course for non-IT professionals?
In today's fast paced and hyper competitive world information technology is a strategic weapon.
- Is your business leveraging this weapon to its fullest?
- Are you collaborating with your IT organization to the extent you should?
- Are you maximizing the returns on your IT investments?
Perhaps, as a non-IT professional you have seen the promise of IT. You are also keen to unleash the power of IT. However, the punditry and complexity have intimidated or dissuaded you from delving into it in a meaningful way.
This course makes it easy by dealing with this topic in a comprehensive yet simple manner. Additionally, it deals with IT from a business perspective hence for a business professional it is easier to follow.
Is this a technical course?
Not in the sense of a technology deep dive. Even though this course is on Information Technology it is from a business perspective i.e. how to enable business results using information technology.
Why is a business perspective necessary to successfully use Information Technology?
As a business executive your primary focus is on creating shareholder value. Information technology is a means to that end. Consequently, a business perspective helps understand where, how and why IT can enable business results. When to apply it and when not to. If IT is not enabling business results it is what some call ''technology for technology's sake''.
Can I see how the course is organized, and can I get a copy of the list of specific topics that will be covered?
Download the Course Syllabus for the structure and subject areas covered by this course.
Will I be able to contact the instructor?
Yes, Sourabh Hajela, the instructor for this course, will be available via the web. You can pose any questions about the course material
What is included in the price of the course?
The course price includes the following:
- Online course presentation - ~250 Slides with audio narration.
- Course material for download - ~250 Slides in Adobe pdf file format
- Access course content and downloads online 24x7x365 at your convenience at training.cioindex.com
- 90 days access to all course materials (can be extended by contacting support). Course bundles - two or more courses bought at the same time - provide more time to access the courses:
- 2 Course Bundles provide 6 month (180 day) access to both courses in the bundle
- 3 Course Bundles provide 9 Month (270 day) access to all the three courses in the bundle
- All course bundle provides a 1 year (365 day) access to all four courses in the bundle.
- Certificate of completion (upon completion of the final exam with a score of 80% or higher)
- Access to subscribers ONLY discussion groups (lifetime; www.cioindex.com)
How do I access the course?
The course is accessed online:
- All course materials are available to you 24x7x365 (except for short durations when the website is offline for maintenance/upgrades etc.)
- On the CIO Training Portal: training.cioindex.com
- ONLY the account that bought the course can access it i.e. you MUST use the login credentials (username and password) used to make the purchase to access the courses. You can use your CIO Index account (login credentials) to access the CIO Training Portal. Please use the login box to the LEFT: login page
What is the technology used to access the course?
What if I cannot complete the course in the time allotted?
Please contact us and we will extend the time. We honor all reasonable requests.
Will I get a certificate of completion?
Yes. You must complete the final exam with a score of 80% or higher. After completing the course material, please contact us.
Is there a final exam? If so, how is it administered?
A final exam is OPTIONAL - you can take it to receive a certificate of completion provided you receive a score of 80% or higher. The final exam is administered online just like the course. Please contact us upon completion of the course materials and we will grant you access to the final exam.
- You can take the final exam at any time as long as it is within your course subscription period (please refer to the subscription information above)
- There are no make-up exams - only one attempt is allowed
How do I pay for these courses?
We accept all major credit cards and Paypal (which accepts all major credit cards) .
- After you have added a course to the shopping cart, we will request your billing address/information
- Then you can select a payment method on the "select payment method" screen
- Use Paypal: To make your payment using Paypal, please click on the "Paypal" button (on the left) and proceed to the Paypal site to complete your payment.
- Use Credit Card: To make your payment using a major credit card (Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover etc.) , please click on the "credit card" button (to the right) and your payment will be processed on our website
- After your payment has been processed successfully - there is an email sent to you if the payment posts correctly - you are automatically granted access to the course(s).
- Paypal redirects you to your account page
- Credit card payments show a link to your account page.
- You can access your account page directly.
Is there a money back guarantee?
Yes. Conditions Apply - please refer to details here.
Are CIO Index and/or AIMIT "accredited"?
No. CIO Index is the largest community of senior IT leaders with 30,000+ members and accredits its own courses.
Do I get Professional Development Credit (PDU)?
No. Currently, we do not provide PDU.