Learn How to Make IT Do More for Less By Using IT Governance
“Firms with superior IT governance had 20% higher profits than firms with poor Governance given the same strategic objectives.”
Dr. Peter Weill, Director, Center for Information Research , MIT (Based on a recent study of 250 enterprises in 23 countries)
The seminar presents an integrated approach to IT Governance by guiding the participant through a comprehensive, structured, proven framework and roadmap and its major components.
Developed by GPS Consulting, this in-depth course explains how many Fortune 50 companies use IT Governance best practices to achieve business success. The program is led by , a thought leader, management consultant, and trainer with over 30 years experience in IT Governance. His audio narration guides you through more than 250 slides that show you, step-by-step, how to improve your bottom line without increasing red tape. In addition to the online course, which you can take at your own pace and convenience, you'll also receive a PDF version of the presentation, plus a certificate of completion. ( )
A Proven Framework for IT Success The seminar presents IT Governance as a journey along an integrated roadmap and enables organizations to achieve higher levels of IT maturity and effectiveness:
- Pragmatic Leverages current and emerging best practices and case studies from leading organizations that work.
- Actionable Since IT Governance represents a journey, there are many strategies and actions that can be implemented to demonstrate incremental improvements along the path .
- Easy to Use Dr. Selig gets to the answers quickly and effectively.
Focused on Business Results Whether you head up the IT department, the finance group, or the entire company, your primary focus is on creating value for the business. Information technology is only a means to that end. The objective of this course is to provide an overview of information technology governance, discuss how it enables business results, and introduce a business focused approach to IT Governance.
The course answers critical questions like:
- What is IT Governance?
- Why is an IT Governance essential for business results?
- What are the steps to create an effective IT Governance?
- How do we migrate to this new capability?
- How do we monitor and track results?
- Are there tools and techniques available that can facilitate this journey?
Learn More About IT Governance
If you'd like more details on the IT Governance course, click these links:
Bring it in-house! For groups of 10 or more we will deliver an instructor led course at your business location. us for details.
Dr Gad Selig
|Profile Detail (link):
Dr Gad Selig
Dr. Gad Selig has over thirty years of diversified executive, general management, technical (CIO), marketing and consulting experience with profit and loss operating responsibility in both Fortune 500 multinational and small start-up such as MCA, Air Products & Chemical, Continental Group, Verizon (NYNEX), AT&T, KeySpan Energy (National Grid), Bristol-Myers Squibb, Purdue Pharmaceutical, Standard Kollsman Industries, TDK, JPMorgan Chase, Cigna Insurance, Bank General of Luxembourg, TNT Expense Management, ATMI, GSA-FTS and others. Top secret clearance with U.S. Federal Government.
|Certificate of Completion:
|Duration of Narration:
Frequently Asked Questions
|Number of Slides:
IT Governance Course Syllabus
IT Governance Course
Does this course define IT Governance broadly?
This course defines IT Governance broadly as a collection of management, planning and performance reporting and review processes with associated decision rights, which establish controls and performance metrics over key IT investments; business/IT alignment decisions; the effectiveness of IT program and project deployment, the efficiency of IT delivery, infrastructure and operational services and new or change request authorizations and compliance with regulations, laws and organizational policies. The broad definition encompasses how well IT is providing value to and servicing the business as well as doing its part in complying with regulations and organizational policies and plans. This is a “How to Course that is Pragmatic and Actionable,” that can enable an organization to migrate from its current state of IT governance to a higher level of IT maturity and impact the bottom line significantly.
What are the benefits of this course for business and IT executives, managers and professionals?
- Understand the issues, challenges and growing importance of IT governance
- Learn how to assess an organization’s current stage and level of IT governance maturity
- Utilize the integrated and comprehensive IT governance framework and roadmap, which leverages current and emerging industry best practices and models, to establish an action plan for substantially improving the effectiveness of the IT function and resources
- Be able to plan, develop, deploy and sustain an effective IT governance policy, process, techniques and tools
- Apply the lessons learned to plan, manage, deploy and sustain an effective and robust IT Governance framework and its major components
- Be exposed to select current and emerging industry and government best practices and select case studies
- Sharpen and refine your knowledge and competencies
- Understand your role in the IT Governance process, regardless of whether you are a Board member, “C” level executive, manager or professional
- Help to achieve greater success in your work, regardless of whether you….. - Know a lot about IT Governance - Know very little about IT Governance - Are responsible for developing, enforcing and/or improving some aspect of IT Governance
- Develop a personal action plan for you and your organization to create proactive awareness and commitment to action
What are the benefits of this course for non-IT Professionals?
In today's fast paced and hyper competitive world information technology is a strategic weapon.
- Is your business leveraging this weapon to its fullest?
- Are you collaborating with your IT organization to the extent you should?
- Are you maximizing the returns on your IT investments?
Perhaps, as a non-IT professional you have seen the promise of IT. You are also keen to unleash the power of IT. However, the punditry and complexity have intimidated or dissuaded you from delving into it in a meaningful way.
This course makes it easy by dealing with this topic in a comprehensive yet simple manner. Additionally, it deals with IT from a business perspective hence for a business professional it is easier to follow.
Is this a technical course?
This is a management course dealing with the topic of IT. It provides a business and management perspective of IT governance and emphasis performance management, critical success factors, key metrics and overall accountability for results.
Will I be able to contact the instructor?
Yes, Dr. Gad Selig, the instructor for this course, will be available via the web. You can pose any questions about the course material.
What are the topics covered in this course?
This course covers the following topics:
- Why IT governance? Driving forces and challenges; Executive View of IT governance; Who benefits and what are the value propositions? The Role of the Board and Executive Management in IT Governance
- Overview of Industry Best Practice Standards, Model and Guidelines covering some aspect of IT governance – PMBOK, PMMM, CMMI, ITIL, Security, select ISO standards, COBIT, Prince2, others)
- IT Governance framework and roadmap; Key Governance Processes- Planning, Execution, Performance Management and Balanced Scorecard, Steering Groups, Outsourcing etc.
- Principles of Business/IT Alignment Excellence; Business and IT Plans, Investment/Portfolio Management Criteria; IT Engagement Model; Balanced Scorecard
- Principles of Program/Project Management Excellence; PM Life Cycle Phases and Templates; PM Metrics; PMO; Risk Management; Select SDLC frameworks
- Principles of IT Service Management and Delivery Excellence; ITIL (It Infrastructure Library) and its value; Metrics; Work Flows; Business Rules
- Principles of Vendor Management and Outsourcing Excellence: Vendor Selection, Negotiations and Management
- Lessons Learned and Critical Success factors
- Select Case Studies
Want more information?
Can I see how the course is organized, and can I get a copy of the list of specific topics that will be covered?
Download the Course Syllabus for the structure and subject areas covered by this course.
What is included in the price of the course?
The course price includes the following:
- Online course presentation - ~250 Slides with audio narration.
- Course material for download - ~250 Slides in Adobe pdf file format
- Access course content and downloads online 24x7x365 at your convenience at training.cioindex.com
- 90 days access to all course materials (can be extended by contacting support). Course bundles - two or more courses bought at the same time - provide more time to access the courses:
- 2 Course Bundles provide 6 month (180 day) access to both courses in the bundle
- 3 Course Bundles provide 9 Month (270 day) access to all the three courses in the bundle
- All course bundle provides a 1 year (365 day) access to all four courses in the bundle.
- Certificate of completion (upon completion of the final exam with a score of 80% or higher)
- Access to subscribers ONLY discussion groups (lifetime; www.cioindex.com)
How do I access the course?
The course is accessed online:
- All course materials are available to you 24x7x365 (except for short durations when the website is offline for maintenance/upgrades etc.)
- On the CIO Training Portal: training.cioindex.com
- ONLY the account that bought the course can access it i.e. you MUST use the login credentials (username and password) used to make the purchase to access the courses. You can use your CIO Index account (login credentials) to access the CIO Training Portal. Please use the login box to the LEFT: login page
What is the technology used to access the course?
What if I cannot complete the course in the time allotted?
Please contact us and we will extend the time. We honor all reasonable requests.
Will I get a certificate of completion?
Yes. You must complete the final exam with a score of 80% or higher. After completing the course material, please contact us.
Is there a final exam? If so, how is it administered?
A final exam is OPTIONAL - you can take it to receive a certificate of completion provided you receive a score of 80% or higher. The final exam is administered online just like the course. Please contact us upon completion of the course materials and we will grant you access to the final exam.
- You can take the final exam at any time as long as it is within your course subscription period (please refer to the subscription information above)
- There are no make-up exams - only one attempt is allowed
How do I pay for these courses?
We accept all major credit cards and Paypal (which accepts all major credit cards) .
- After you have added a course to the shopping cart, we will request your billing address/information
- Then you can select a payment method on the "select payment method" screen
- Use Paypal: To make your payment using Paypal, please click on the "Paypal" button (on the left) and proceed to the Paypal site to complete your payment.
- Use Credit Card: To make your payment using a major credit card (Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover etc.) , please click on the "credit card" button (to the right) and your payment will be processed on our website
- After your payment has been processed successfully - there is an email sent to you if the payment posts correctly - you are automatically granted access to the course(s).
- Paypal redirects you to your account page
- Credit card payments show a link to your account page.
- You can access your account page directly: my account
Is there a money back guarantee?
Yes. Conditions Apply - please refer to details here.
Are CIO Index and/or AIMIT "accredited"?
No. CIO Index is the largest community of senior IT leaders with 30,000+ members and accredits its own courses.
Do I get Professional Development Credit (PDU)?
No. Currently, we do not provide PDU.
Be the first to review!
Thank you. Your product review will be visible once it has been approved.